Thursday, August 12, 2010

Exciting day in Elk, Ca

Yesterday I was in Elk, CA at the Artists' Cooperative Gallery, where I have some of my jewelry.  I was taking pictures for my website and a man came in to the gallery and was looking for dichroic jewelry.  He bought 3 pendants and he wanted to see about different ways of hanging them.  We spent about an hour and I am customizing the fit for him before I send them to him.  Well it turns out he loves dichroic pendants and he is an entertainer that has played at Carnegie Hall and with Paul Simon, Frank Sinatra and a whole bunch of other people.  He had his daughter with him.  Anyway when I send him his pieces I am going to add another one just as a thank you gift.  So much fun.  I was surprised that a man would want the pendants but it just goes to show you that you never know what might be an offshoot market.  They looked fabulous on him. 
I am busy working on my website and will have it up this weekend.  I have exciting news coming on the 17th so tune in for a fun "Carnival" on my blog.
Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I would love to hear what you think of my desgns