Monday, August 16, 2010

Another day at the kiln

This is a piece I made earlier that my nephews new wife wanted, so she took it home from her visit hear.  My nephew came home from Iraq and he is now out of the service.  This was the first time we met his wife because they were living in Georgia until he got out.  We had a wonderful visit with them and earlier in the week his brother and his family was all here.  My other nephew also just returned from Iraq and is staioned in Alaska so we had never seen his youngest two sons.  We had a great time with them but they only stayed one day.  Anyway I did manage to get a load cut and into the kiln.  I have only four days left before the big Art in the Redwoods show this weekend at Gualala Art Center.
Stay tuned tomorrow for the big reveal!!! Come back to my blog and see some fun things.....
Marianne

2 comments:

  1. Your "Queen of the Nile" is regal indeed! Congratulations! I think your necklace has a wide appeal and could be worn any time one feels the need to feel queenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne, I love your new blog. Your photo of this piece on an abalone shell is super!
    Wishing all the very best this weekend with many sales! \o/ Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I would love to hear what you think of my desgns